• Ginling College’s Cent..
more+General Information

Ginling College was established in 1987 and its predecessor was Ginling Women’s University, which was established in 1915 and enjoyed a good reputation both at home and abroad.

Ginling Women’s University was the first women’s university at undergraduate level in China. It was prepared and built by United Church of America in 1913 and was officially established and began to enroll students in 1915. The Xiuhua lane in the south of the NanjingCity was rented as the temporary college site. Later it was moved to Suiyuan Campus on Ninghai Road, Nanjing, in 1923. Mrs. Laurence Thurston, an American missionary, served as its first president.

In 1928, the Nationalist Government with Nanjing as its capital regained educational rights. Xu Yizhen served as the chairman of the college board and Wu Yifang served as its president. In 1930, Ginling Women’s University changed its name to Ginling Women’s College of Arts and Sciences. It was moved westward to Chengdu because of the Anti-Japanese War in 1937 and all the teachers and students returned to Nanjing in 1946. After the People’s Republic of China was established, Ginling Women’s College of Arts and Sciences merged with Ginling University into Public Jinling University in 1951. In 1952 when national colleges and universities adjusted their departments, Nanjing Normal University was established on the former site of Ginling Women’s College of Arts and Sciences. In 1987, approved by People’s Government of Jiangsu Province, GinlingCollege was reestablished in Nanjing Normal University.

Contact Us

College Phone: +86

College Fax: +86 025-83598901

College Email: ginling@njnu.edu.cn

Add: 122 Ninghai Road, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, P.R. of China

Postcode: 210097